Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Gaza Bachelor Party (Videos)

go-to-gazaWith very few fun places to visit, a sky high unemployment, and too many lost dreams and broken promises, the young people of Gaza do not let all that stop them from having a jolly time. Obviously Gaza does not have night clubs, and the folks who want to get their groove on have only one way to do just that, A Gaza Bachelor Party! Since I have special interest in researching dance parties (see 18 Signs of an Arabic Dance Party) and when in Gaza, do as the Gazans do, so I attended a number of those bachelor parties for friends and relatives. I always brought along my tiny HD camera to take some footage. This is a video for a bachelor party in my neighborhood in Beit Lahia taking place in mid October and everybody in town has come to the party. I have always gone to those parties with my nephew Ahmad who seems to know everybody and can get me out of trouble as needed. Hamas does not actually interfere in those parties, they sure do not like them, but the only way to get Hamas to crash a bachelor party is to either hang Fatah banners or play Fatah songs…if you are do so….Hamas police will show up and take care of business. To my surprise, as long as you are not promoting Fatah, your party will go on in peace. Not just that, you can even have people get high in your bachelor party and Hamas won’t care much…just refrain from singing to Arafat and Sameeh Almadhoun

Notice the Palestinian flags in the videos, making bachelor parties a feel of a patriotic event, clearly, Palestinians mating is more dangerous to the Israelis than the rambling Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, dance away! Enjoy the Sausage Fest!

Gaza Bachelor Party

Gaza Bachelor Party Short

The Band

0 comments:

Post a Comment