Saturday, May 21, 2011

Haifa Wahbe is Searching For Another Ragab




Haifa Wahbe is a hit and mis singer, she knows how to make a hit and if she really feels strongly about a song, she will work her tail off to make it a hit. I have not been reading many press releases or interviews from this Lebanese diva, one of the most recognizable faces in Arab pop is none other than Haifa.

But few years ago, I remember I liked one of her songs because I thought it was original and fun. While her pop songs often do well commercially, this song hit the people with some fresh concept. I am speaking of course about Raghab, the song that uses the name of an Arab dude and Haifa asks him to keep his friend away form her.

This song and its like fit Haifa more than other styles, the baladi style seems to be her comfort zone, I do not think pop is her best side--even she did well there. I think she channels a bit of Soad Hosny and those tongue in cheek songs that are liked by both men and women. So you know if you go to a Haifa Wahbe concert, this song will be performed.

هيفا وهبي اغنية رجب مهرجان الاسكندرية 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment