Saturday, May 21, 2011

Issam Raggi: The Goodbye Song



Issam Raggi was what your dad worked hard to be, the alpha male of the 60s and 70s rocking the mustache look and the fashion of that era, hanging out with the ladies of Lebanese theater and entertaining the masses with his voice and music. He has collaborated with the Rahbany brothers and has done songs with Sabah Al Chahroura, he has also taking music composed by Farid Al Atrach. He has also worked with Melhim Barakat as well. I give him a lot of credit for writing a lot of his music.

There are so many tribute songs for this legend (passed away in 2002) who inspired many Lebanese singers to make a career out of singing, and many of your favorite starts have either covered his older songs or channeled him. He is the male version of Samira Tawfik, an icon of Lebanese music.

I cam first to know of him when I read an interview with Lebanese singer Diana Haddad who covered one of his older songs--laqytak Wel Denya Leel and I happened to like that song so I became aware of his name, but it was not until recently that I became familiarl with his work.




عصام رجي...مع السلامه

0 comments:

Post a Comment