Friday, September 21, 2012

Native Deen Imported To The World From The District




The DC native band Native Deen travels the world performing their popular music songs that celebrates Islam and great upbeat music. I follow their activities on YouTube and I come to love their sense of humor--I first learned about this band in I think year 2004.

I was moved by some of their spot on lyrics and their flow and beat. Native Deen music is a clear fusion of Hip-hop and R&B flavors. The trio made up of Joshua Salaam, Abdul-Malik Ahmad and Naeem Muhammad came together in 2000 to walk together in order to highlight issues confronting Muslims living in America.

It's strange that I have yet to see the band perform live I mean. we both live in the same small city, we both worship at the same place of worship, we both like music and yet somehow I have never manged to cross paths with the band Native Deen. These guys made is really big and have manged to form a great fan base, they have done so without that help of big bucks and a mega company promoting their event move.

They are the little guy who is scraping to make their message and their talent known to the masses. I am being told that they will perform in Washington DC during the ISNA conference this labror day weekend. 

SubhanAllah - Native Deen ft. Junaid Jamshed

0 comments:

Post a Comment