Monday, October 22, 2012

Tamer Hosny, Good Songs Yet So Much Hate!



I have always had mixed opinions about Tamer Hosny's music. But looking at his music prior to 2009, I cannot help but fall in love with his songs. Why? They are catchy, happy, and dance inducing. He makes good records and his music makes any party alive. Once one of his songs plays, you really get in the zone. Somehow, he has turned himself into a guilty pleasure. Many out there listen to his music, but won't admit it.

My biggest issue with him was his music videos that promote sexual harassment where he hires models in his concerts and flirts with them as they walk by him. He had apologized at least for one song and promised to avoid such song sin the future.

I acquired a best of Tamer Hosny album that was made in 2009. Out of the 20 tracks, I really love 18 of them. Tamer Hosny has become one of my go to artists if I drive the car. But then, he got into making silly stuff and cheesy romantic music. Suck songs he has been making since 2010 and they have not helped advance his career. As far as I know he has apologized about one of the sexual harassment songs from his Captain Heema movie. 2011 was not his year and he had a terrible year.

I feel 2012 is the year he is making an effort to make amends with his past, move forward and most important give his some good entertainment. He makes good dance songs and comes up with clever lines and smart ways to say essentially what mankind has been trying to say since the beginning of history.I was thinking to myself, nobody hates the guy. Most people are one of two:


  1. They hate how prideful/obnoxious he has become and how 
  2. How some of his fans act as if he was a God.
But many love his music. I know many American artists they people loath, yet they stil enjoy their music and their work--I am looking at you Kanye West.

Best OF Tamer Hosny 2009- 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment