Monday, July 21, 2014

The Daughter of #Palestine Cedar Zaitoun Steps Up For #Gaza With New Song

I consider myself a fan of Palestinian vocalist Cedar Zaitoun, but now I am a bigger fan with her timely response for the attacks on Gaza. Quick turnaround with these songs are something worth celebrating. Ms. Zaiton recorded this poem from famed and beloved Palestinian poet Samih Al Qassim.

He wrote this poem years ago, "advance, move forward" and she flew to Lebanon to recorded it in the professional studios of Tony Hadad. It's not easy to listen to a song about resistance when you are entire family is experiencing it in the first person. This is what it feels to be me right now, but I am in safety and they are not.  

I think the song is in the modern and clam style, but I would have liked a lot more rage than this songs allows...Cedar gave an impressive performance like she always dones.
تقدموا تقدموا .. سيدر زيتون

0 comments:

Post a Comment